Bingo! (Steve Miller Band album)
|Studio album by Steve Miller Band|
|Released||June 15, 2010|
|Genre||Rock, blues rock|
|Label||Roadrunner, Loud & Proud|
|Producer||Steve Miller, Andy Johns|
|Steve Miller Band chronology|
The album is the first studio release by the band since 1993's Wide River. It was recorded alongside a second album which was released 10 months later. The album is dedicated in memory of Norton Buffalo, who died on October 30, 2009. The first single, "Hey Yeah", was available to stream online in April 2010 and available to purchase on May 18, 2010.
Background and production
Miller said of the album, "This is a party record, man. It's about getting up and getting ready to dance. It's like the fraternity party gigs I used to play in college. I went through and picked all my favorite tunes that I really, really loved. I wanted to make this record forever; it started off as just kind of a goof, and then it got real serious."
|1.||"Hey Yeah"||Paul Henry Ray, Jimmie Vaughan||3:16|
|2.||"Who's Been Talkin'?"||Chester Burnett||3:03|
|3.||"Don't Cha Know"||Vaughan||3:12|
|4.||"Rock Me Baby"||Joe Josea, B.B. King||3:47|
|5.||"Tramp"||Lowell Fulson, Jimmy McCracklin||3:26|
|6.||"Sweet Soul Vibe"||Nile Rodgers, Vaughan||3:38|
|7.||"Come On (Let the Good Times Roll)"||Earl King||2:38|
|8.||"All Your Love (I Miss Loving)"||Otis Rush||3:11|
|9.||"You Got Me Dizzy"||Jimmy Reed, Ewart G. Abner Jr.||2:22|
|10.||"Ooh Poo Pah Doo"||Jessie Hill||3:31|
|Special edition bonus tracks|
|11.||"Ain't That Lovin' You Baby"||Reed||2:22|
|12.||"Further on Up the Road"||Don D. Robey, Joe M. Veasey||2:34|
|13.||"Look on Yonder Wall"||Elmore James, Marshall Sehorn||3:08|
|14.||"Drivin' Wheel"||Roosevelt Sykes||3:38|
- Steve Miller – lead guitar, vocals
- Norton Buffalo – harmonica, vocals
- Kenny Lee Lewis – rhythm guitar, vocals
- Joseph Wooten – Hammond B-3, piano, keyboards, vocals
- Gordy Knudtson – drums
- Billy Peterson – bass guitar, vocals
- Sonny Charles – vocals
- Additional personnel
- Joe Satriani – solos with Steve Miller on "Rock Me Baby" and "Sweet Soul Vibe"
- Michael Carabello – congas, percussion on "All Your Love (I Miss Loving)"
- Adrian Areas – timbales, percussion on "All Your Love (I Miss Loving)"
- "Bingo!: The Steve Miller Band: Music". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2012-01-16.
- "Steve Miller Band Mines The Blues For 'Bingo!'". Billboard.com. 2010-03-31. Retrieved 2012-01-16.
- "The Steve Miller Band Loud and Proud Bingo - Steve Miller News @". Antimusic.com. Retrieved 2012-01-16.
- Jurek, Thom. "Review: Bingo!". Allmusic. Retrieved 16 June 2010.
- Rose, Rustyn. "Review: Bingo!". Mojo Radio. Archived from the original on 17 October 2010. Retrieved 19 June 2010.
- "BINGO!". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 22 June 2010.