March 12, 1985 |
|Height||165 cm (5 ft 5 in)|
|Weight||55 kg (121 lb)|
|Sport||middle-distance and long-distance running|
|Coached by||Yahya Sevüktekin|
|Achievements and titles|
Binnaz Uslu (born March 12, 1985 in Ankara) is a retired Turkish middle-distance and long-distance runner. She was banned from sport for life in 2014, after her second doping violation. The 165 cm (5 ft 5 in) tall athlete at 55 kg (121 lb) is a member of Enkaspor athletics team, where she was coached by Yahya Sevüktekin. Uslu is a student at the Gazi Üniversitesi in Ankara.
She participated at the 2005 Mediterranean Games in Almería and won a bronze medal in 800 m with 2:02.68. In the 4×400 metres relay, she won another bronze medal with her teammates Özge Gürler, Birsen Bekgöz and Pınar Saka in 3:40.75 minutes. In 2006 at the 13th SPAR European Cross Country Championships in San Giorgio su Legnano, Italy she won the gold medal in the under 23 section.
Uslu failed a drug test for doping taken by the IAAF during a camp in Antalya, Turkey on March 13, 2007. She was banned from athletics from March 2007 to March 2009. Her coach Yahya Sevüktekin was also banned.
- 1000 m: 2:41.79 NR junior (2006)
- 1500 m: 4:11.36 (2010)
- 3000 m: 9:06.82 (2010)
- 3000 m steeplechase: 9:24.06 NR (2011)
- 5000 m: 15:57.21 (2005)
- 10,000 m: 34:34.79 (2006)
- Doping sanctions - News 155, Positive cases in athletics SANCTIONED ACCORDING TO INFORMATION RECEIVED BY THE IAAF AS OF JULY – AUGUST 2014
- "Sporcular/Atletizm-Binnaz Uslu" (in Turkish). Gençlik ve Spor Bakanlığı-Türk Sporcular 2012 Londra Olimpiyatlarında. Retrieved 2012-05-25.
- "Branşlar > Atletizm-2010 Sezonunda" (in Turkish). Enka Spor Kulübü. Retrieved 2011-09-04.
- IAAF Athletics December 10, 2006
- SENIOR WOMEN'S FINAL: Portugal’s Augusto dominates to take gold. European Athletics (2010-12-12). Retrieved on 2010-12-12.
- "Doping Rule Violation". IAAF.org. 2007-06-25. Retrieved 2007-06-26.
- "Doping Rule Violation - Coach". IAAF.org. 2007-06-25. Retrieved 2007-06-26.
- Did not show in the final.