Bintaro Jaya is a planned township developed by PT. Jaya Real Property (formerly PT Bintaro Jaya). The development of the township began in 1979 and continues to grow to this day. This independent city was first within South Jakarta, then extended to South Tangerang within Greater Jakarta . The total land area of this satellite city is about 1000 hectares. The name Bintaro is derived from the Bintaro Village, which also takes the name of Bintaro plant, whereas Jaya came from the name of the developer.
Sectors and Districts
The township is divided into 9 sectors. Sector 1 and 2 of the city are located at Ciputat of South Jakarta, where as sector 3-9 are located at Pondok Aren of South Tangerang. These sectors are now arranged into districts named as Menteng, Gems, Castle, Emerald, Kebayoran and Discovery. The township has many office buildings along with the residential clusters. RS Premier Bintaro and RS Pondok Indah hospitals are located within the township. There are mosques, churches, clubs, driving range and playground.
- British School Jakarta,
- Jakarta Japanese School (ジャカルタ日本人学校),
- Global Jaya International School
- Universitas Pembangunan Jaya
- SD-SMP Pembangunan Jaya
- BPK Penabur Bintaro
Malls, Retails, and Accommodation
- Bintaro Plaza
- Bintaro Xchange Mall
- Lotte Mart
- Bintaro Entertainment Center(BEC)
- Bintaro Modern Market/Pasar Modern
- Giant Hypermarket
- Ace Hardware
- Hero Supermarket
- Electronic City
- Santika Hotel
- Gramedia (Bookstore)
The township is connected with Green Line of Jakarta Commuter Rail network. Pondok Ranji and Jurangmangu station of Jakarta Commuter Rail located in the township. Bintaro Jaya also has direct access to Ulujami-Serpong Toll Road. TransJakarta operates feeder routes to connect the township with Jakarta. It has shuttle bus services both for within the township and to connect other parts of Jakarta, which are known as Trans Bintaro and Intrans Bintaro Jaya respectively.
- "Bintaro Jaya-the professional's city".
- "Bintaro Jaya Pastikan Tarif Sewa Kondominiumnya Naik 10 Persen". Kompas. Retrieved 12 September 2018.
- "Contact Us." British School Jakarta, Retrieved on 11 February 2015. "Bintaro Sektor 9, Jl. Raya Jombang-Ciledug, Pondok Aren, Tangerang 15227, JAKARTA • INDONESIA, 15227"
- Home page. Jakarta Japanese School. Retrieved on 15 January 2015. "JL.Titihan Raya,Bintaro Jaya Sektor 9 Parigi-Pondok Aren,Tangerang Selatan 15227"
- "Transjakarta buka 2 rute baru lintasi Tangerang dan Tangsel".
6. Bintaro Jaya Official Website