|Elevation||1,900 m (6,200 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC+3 (EAT)|
Binyiny is a town in Eastern Uganda. It is the largest town in Kween District and the headquarters of the district are located in the town. Kween District is one of the twenty-three new Ugandan districts, created in 2010. Prior to July 2010, the district was part of Kapchorwa District.
Binyiny is located approximately 70 kilometres (43 mi), by road, northeast of Mbale, the nearest large city. This location lies approximately 5 kilometres (3.1 mi), east of Kapchorwa, the largest town in the sub-region. The coordinates of the town are:1°25'03.0"N, 34°32'04.0"E (Latitude:1.417500; Longitude:34.534445).
As of June 2014[update], the exact population of the town of Binyiny is not known.
Points of interest
Te following points of interest are located within the town, or near its borders:
- The headquarters of Kween District Administration
- The offices of Binyiny Town Council
- Binyiny Central Market
- Chekwech, Allan (27 March 2013). "Kween District Struggles to Hold Three Years Later". Daily Monitor. Retrieved 1 June 2014.
- "Road Distance Between Mbale And Binyiny With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 1 June 2014.
- "Map Showing Binyiny And Kapchorwa With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 1 June 2014.
- Google, . "Location of Binyiny At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 1 June 2014.