BioPharm (US company)
|This article needs to be updated. (April 2014)|
|Industry||IT services, IT consulting|
|Services||IT, business consulting, outsourcing services, Managed services|
Number of employees
BioPharm Systems is a privately owned IT consulting and managed services provider (MSP) headquartered in San Mateo, California that focuses on the life sciences industry. The company specializes in the implementation, integration, migration, upgrade, and private cloud hosting of Oracle's clinical trial management system, drug safety and pharmacovigilance, clinical data warehousing and analytics, clinical data management, and electronic data capture systems.
Founded in 1995 by president and CEO Alex Sefanov around the corner from Oracle’s headquarters in Silicon Valley, BioPharm is headquartered in California and has offices in the United States and United Kingdom. Mr. Sefanov founded the company with his personal savings after working as an IT consultant for several major biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies. He was inspired to start the firm after working closely with Oracle and their first clinical trial software application, Oracle Clinical.
BioPharm offers various hosting options, such as dedicated hosting, shared hosting, and software as a service (SaaS) out of a data center in San Jose and a disaster recovery data center near Sacramento. BioPharm's services include implementing and integrating client applications and systems, as well as providing validation, training, and application support services. The company complies with the relevant regulations including Title 21 CFR Part 11.
- Donovan Farnham (October 10, 2010). "BioPharm targets the life science industry's IT needs". San Jose Business Journal.
- "BioPharm Systems". Inc. Magazine.
- Krystal Peak (May 13, 2011). "Alex Sefanov, president and CEO of BioPharm Systems". San Francisco Business Times.
- "Valley's fastest growing companies honored". San Jose Business Journal. October 14, 2010.
- Q&A with Alex Sefanov of BioPharm Systems