Biofuel in Italy
Biofuel in Italy is used as a replacement for petroleum based fuels, mainly for transportation. Biofuel includes biodiesel and automobile fuel, in the form of gasoline, and ethanol. Italy is a major producer of biodiesel in the European Union.
Biodiesel is mainly used for fuel in trucks and tractors. Italy produced 600,000 tonnes of biodiesel in 2011, and 731,844 tonnes in 2010. Since it still emits carbon dioxide it does not eliminate carbon emissions.
- Renewable energy in Italy
- Solar power in Italy
- Wind power in Italy
- Geothermal power in Italy
- Hydroelectricity in Italy
- Biofuels by region
- List of renewable energy topics by country
- Italian Biofuels 2011 December 29, 2011
|This Italy-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|