Humanoid robot constructed using the Bioloid kit
The ROBOTIS BIOLOID is a hobbyist and educational robot kit produced by the Korean robot manufacturer ROBOTIS. The BIOLOID platform consists of components and small, modular servomechanisms called the AX-12A Dynamixels, which can be used in a daisy-chained fashion to construct robots of various configurations, such as wheeled, legged, or humanoid robots. The Robot is programmed with RoboPlus - C language based software solution. The Bioloid system is thus comparable to the LEGO Mindstorms and VEXplorer kits.
Types of ROBOTIS BIOLOID kits
There are multiple variations of the Bioloid kit:
- ROBOTIS Bioloid Beginner - includes parts and designs for 14 types of robots [Discontinued]
- ROBOTIS Bioloid Comprehensive - includes parts and designs for 26 different robots [Discontinued]
- ROBOTIS Bioloid Expert - designed for educational or research use [Discontinued] 
- ROBOTIS Bioloid Premium - upgraded and latest version of Bioloid Comprehensive Kit builds 29 different configurations
- ROBOTIS Bioloid GP - intended for robot competitions
- ROBOTIS Bioloid STEM Standard - includes parts and designs for 7 types of robots
- ROBOTIS Bioloid STEM Expansion - includes parts and designs for 9 types of robots [Requires purchase of STEM Standard]
The platform is currently in use by the U.S. Naval Academy in their Mechanical Engineering courses, and is also popular in the RoboCup international robotics competition.
||Bioloid used to teach children how to pray
||Akbar Rezaie, schoolteacher
||Extra Pair of Fingers