|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Public (SGX: B20)|
|Lu Yoh-Chie, Chairman and founding CEO; Mike Kleine, CEO|
|Revenue||USD $37.8 Million (2006)|
Biosensors International Group is a medical device company that specializes in developing, manufacturing and licensing technologies for use in interventional cardiology procedures and critical care. The company was listed in the Mainboard of the Singapore Exchange (SGX) in May 2005. The global headquarters of the company are located in Singapore, where the main manufacturing facilities and R&D centers are hosted. The European headquarters are in Morges, Switzerland; this Swiss office is also the Legal Manufacturer of BioMatrix, the current leading product of the company.
BioMatrix is a drug-eluting stent that utilizes proprietary technologies of Biosensors:
- a biodegradable Poly-Lactic Acid (PLA) polymer (PLA), which degrades into the naturally occurring lactic acid
- the Biolimus A9 drug, a highly lipophilic derivative of sirolimus
- the S-Stent stent platform
- an automated stent coating technology that directly deposits the coating onto the stent surface.
Biosensors has obtained CE Mark for this drug-eluting stent product in January 2008.
To enter the China market, Biosensors has set up a joint-venture with Hong Kong listed Shandong Weigao to market and distribute coronary stents in China.
As one of the few companies with proprietary drug-eluting stent technology, Biosensors also has been obtaining revenue through licensing its technologies to other medical device companies like Terumo, and specialty-stent providers like Devax, Inc. and Xtent, Inc.
- Unknown.Biosensors and Weigao Sign Letter of Intent and Expand Business Collaboration[permanent dead link], Biosensors Investor Relations
|This article about a medical, pharmaceutical or biotechnological corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|