|Traded as||TWSE: 2399|
|Headquarters||New Taipei City, Taiwan|
|Key people||Mingyi Wang, CEO and Chairman; Mingzheng Wang, Managing Director|
|Products||Motherboards, graphics cards, Barebone Computers, Small form factor|
|Revenue||NT$6.924 Billion / $232 Million (2010)|
|Operating income||NT$494.4 Million / $16.6 Million (2010)|
|Net income||NT$270.4 Million / $9Million (2010)|
Biostar Microtech International Corp (映泰股份有限公司) or commonly known as Biostar, is a motherboard manufacturer based in Taiwan, designing and manufacturing of computer hardware products such as motherboards, video cards, barebone computers and industrial PCs.
The company was founded in 1986, manufacturing XT form factor mainboards and in later years add-on cards. In 1999 Biostar were listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange & also certified ISO 9001 standard within the same year.
Biostar has shifted from the SI/OEM market to the channel market with the portion of branded products close to 100 percent.
To date, the company is the first to allow end-users to modify voltages and frequencies of the video card's GPU and memory to boost performance to extreme limits (overclocking). Those cards are either called "V-Ranger" or "V-Series".
In October 2008 Biostar was awarded “Top 20 Taiwan Global Brand” conducted by Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA) with an estimate brand value of US$ 46 million. Only three companies had a chance to crack the Top 20 list for the first time – and Biostar was among them.
- List of companies of Taiwan
- Elitegroup Computer Systems (ECS)
- Gigabyte Technology
- Micro-Star International (MSI)
- "Bloomberg Business Week", Financials, 2010
- Biostar V-Ranger Assists 8600GTS Gain Highest 3DMark06 In Class at overclock3d.net
- Biostar T5 XE cheap and powerful 5GHz+ at xtremesystems.org
- Biostar TPower I45 Motherboard Breaks FSB World Record 725MHz at vr-zone.com
- BIOSTAR awarded TOP20 Taiwan Global Brand in 2008
- BIOSTAR estimated brand value of $46 million as of 2008
Biostar Review http://www.azcs.co.uk135