From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Biot (disambiguation))
|Look up biot in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The BIOT is the British Indian Ocean Territory, an overseas territory of the United Kingdom situated in the Indian Ocean halfway between Africa and Indonesia.
Biot or BIOT may refer to:
- Biot, Alpes-Maritimes, a commune in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, France
- Biot, a village in Castelnau-de-Brassac, Midi-Pyrénées, France
- Camille Biot (1850–1918), French physician
- Maurice Anthony Biot (1905–1985), Belgian-American physicist
- Édouard Biot (1803–1850), French engineer and sinologist
- Jean-Baptiste Biot (1774–1862), French physicist and mathematician
- Biot's breathing, an abnormal pattern of breathing characterized by groups of quick, shallow inspirations followed by regular or irregular periods of apnea; named after Camille Biot
- Biot number, a dimensionless number used in heat transfer calculations, named after Jean-Baptiste Biot
- Abampere, or biot, a unit of current, named after Jean-Baptiste Biot
- Biot (crater), a lunar crater, named after Jean-Baptiste Biot
- Biological robot, a term used in the novel Rendezvous with Rama and its sequels, and later adopted by the authors of The New Jedi Order
- Biological Optical Transputer Systems, robots in the Phantom 2040 animated series
- Biot, a fictional world in the DC Comics universe; see Manhunters
- Biot, an electronic music (psychedelic trance) group that released a two albums Saturation in 1998 and Synthetic Organic in 2000; there was also Saturation Beta which featured some additional remixes that Saturation did not
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Biot.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.