Biotechnology Society of Nepal
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (September 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Motto||Solidarity for the Development of Biotechnology|
|Nabin N. Munakarmi (President)
Dr. Hari K. Shrestha (Vice President)
Raja Ram Gurung (Secretary)
Somila Kakshyapati (Treasurer)
Prashanna Maharjan (Executive Member)
Gaurav C. Gyawali (Executive Member)
Santosh Dahal (Executive Member)
Biotechnology Society of Nepal (BSN) (Nepali: जैविक प्रविधि संस्था नेपाल) is an apolitical, non-government, non-profit organization motivated for promotion of Biotechnology in Nepal and beyond. Its a group of youth volunteers and innovative scientists. The establishment of society is an endeavor for development of Biotechnology by promotion and dissemination of knowledge about this cutting edge technology. The society will act as an active platform for interchange of academic ideas about the research and theoretical perspective of biotechnology. The motive of the organization is to incorporate all national and cross-national academic institutions, research institutions, companies and individuals sharing interest in development of biotechnology in Nepal and beyond.
- To introduce, promote and propagate the use of biotechnology by encouraging basic and applied research and disseminating their results for sustainable development of the populace.
- To garner, compile and disseminate the information related to biotechnology in Nepal.
- To publish books, journals, memoirs and reports based on biotechnology
- To bring collaboration and cooperation between scientific societies and academic institutions of the country with international societies for promotion of interaction among research workers within and outside the country.
- To procure and manage funds and grants for the promotion of research and development of biotechnology.
- To study on physical and biological resources in Nepal and to develop suitable technological adroitness for their extraction and utilization.
- To develop a platform for integration of all students, research workers, scientists, academicians, entrepreneurs, policy makers, university biology teaching faculties and others interested in biotechnology for overall development of the country.
Biotechnology Society of Nepal publishes the Nepal Journal of Biotechnology as an annual publication.
Mr. Saroj Ghimire, President (2007 to 2014) Mr. Pawan Dulal
Executive Board members
Mr. Pawan Bashyal, Executive member (2007) Mr. Prakash Parajuli, Executive member (2007) Mr. Megh Raj Bhatta, Secretary (2014) Ms. Sunita Khjanal, Treasurer (2014) Mr. Bigyan Rimal, Coordinator (2014-2015) Mr. Nabin Narayan Munkarmi, President (2015) Dr. Hari Kumar Shrestha, Vice President (2015) Mr. Raja Ram Gurung, Secretary (2015) Ms. Somila Kakshapati, Treasurer(2015) Mr. Prashanna Maharjan, Executive member (2015) Mr. Gaurav Chandra Gyawali, Executive member (2015) Mr. Santosh Dahal, Executive member (2015)