Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Elevation||66 m (217 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (EST)|
Birán is a village in Holguín Province of Cuba, hamlet and consejo popular of Cueto, best known as the birthplace of Ramón, Fidel and Raúl Castro. Their father owned a 23,000 acre (93 km²) plantation there.
- Dialing code of Birán Archived 2013-10-17 at the Wayback Machine.
- (in Spanish) Birán on EcuRed
- 5904273 Cueto on OpenStreetMap
- 1336109283 Birán on OpenStreetMap
- Rosenberg, Eli (February 25, 2016). "Ramón Castro, Brother to Cuban Revolutionaries, Dies at 91". New York Times. Retrieved February 24, 2016.
- Phillips, R. Hart (October 19, 1959). "Cuba Takes Land of Ramon Castro" (PDF). New York Times. p. 2. Retrieved February 25, 2016.
- Mayarí on guije.com
|This Cuban location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|