|• ISO 259||Bir ˀel-Makksur|
|• Also spelled||Bir el-Maksur (official)
Beer al-Maksura (unofficial)
Bir al-Maksur, 2010
|Grid position||170/242 PAL|
|• Type||Local council (from 1990)|
|• Head of Municipality||Mohamed Ghadir|
|• Total||4,554 dunams (4.554 km2 or 1.758 sq mi)|
|Name meaning||The Broken Well|
Bir al-Maksur or Beer el-Maksura (Arabic: بئر المكسور; Hebrew: בִּיר אל-מַכְּסוּר) is an Arab Bedouin local council in the Northern District of Israel located 15 kilometres (9.3 mi) north-west of Nazareth. In 2016 its population was 8,903. The villagers belong to the Arab el-Hujeirat Bedouin tribe, settled there in the 1950s.
- "List of localities, in Alphabetical order" (PDF). Israel Central Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved September 26, 2017.
- Gal, 1992, p. 21
- Malinski-Buller and Aladjem, 2011, Bir el-Maksur Preliminary Report
- Yaroshevich, 2013, Bir el-Maksur Final Report
- Zidan and Mitler, 2014, Bir el-Maksur
- Conder and Kitchener, 1881, SWP I, p. 314
- meaning: The ruin of the broken one, according to Palmer, 1881, p. 112
- Abu Zidan, Fadi; Mitler, Itamar (2014-08-03). "Bir el-Maksur Final Report" (126). Hadashot Arkheologiyot – Excavations and Surveys in Israel.
- Conder, Claude Reignier; Kitchener, Herbert H. (1881). The Survey of Western Palestine: Memoirs of the Topography, Orography, Hydrography, and Archaeology. 1. London: Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund.
- Gal, Zvi (1992). Lower Galilee During the Iron Age. Eisenbrauns. ISBN 0931464692.
- Malinski-Buller, Ariel; Aladjem, Emil (2011-12-27). "Bir el-Maksur Preliminary Report" (123). Hadashot Arkheologiyot – Excavations and Surveys in Israel.
- Palmer, E. H. (1881). The Survey of Western Palestine: Arabic and English Name Lists Collected During the Survey by Lieutenants Conder and Kitchener, R. E. Transliterated and Explained by E.H. Palmer. Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund.
- Yaroshevich, Alla (2013-10-02). "Bir el-Maksur Final Report" (125). Hadashot Arkheologiyot – Excavations and Surveys in Israel.