All Saints, Bircham Newton
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Post town||King's Lynn|
Bircham Newton is the smallest of the three villages that make up the civil parish of Bircham , in the west of the English county of Norfolk. The village is located about 1 km north of the larger village of Great Bircham, 20 km north-east of the town of King's Lynn, and 60 km north-west of the city of Norwich.
Bircham Newton gave its name to an airfield, RAF Bircham Newton, that was in use through World War II and into the 1960s. From 1966 until 2020 the airfield was the home of the Construction Industry Training Board. In February 2020, the CITB announced it had sold its site to West Suffolk College, based in Bury St Edmunds, aiming to continue construction industry training provision at the site.
- Ordnance Survey (2002). OS Explorer Map 250 - Norfolk Coast West. ISBN 0-319-21886-4.
- "What is The Construction Industry Training Board?". Essential Site Skills. Retrieved 2 March 2020.
- Lorenzato-Lloyd, Alice (24 February 2020). "CITB strikes deal to sell Bircham Newton home". Building. Retrieved 24 February 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bircham Newton.|
- for Bircham Newton.
- Information from Genuki Norfolk on Bircham Newton.
- The Hauntings of Bircham Newton
|This Norfolk location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|