|Elevation||1,765 ft (538 m)|
Birchville (also, Birchy; until 1853, Johnson's Diggings) is a former settlement in Nevada County, California. Birchville is located 2 miles (3.2 km) north-northeast of French Corral. It was situated at an elevation of 1,765 ft (538 m) above sea level.
In 1880, the population was 50.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Birchville, California
- Durham, David L. (1998). California's Geographic Names: A Gazetteer of Historic and Modern Names of the State. Clovis, Calif.: Word Dancer Press. p. 451. ISBN 1-884995-14-4.
- "NEVADA COUNTY, CALIFORNIA". calsign.com. Archived from the original on 2009-01-06. Retrieved 2009-05-28.
- "Nevada County GenWeb Nevada County History". cagenweb.com. Retrieved 2009-05-31.
- Lindgren, Waldemar (1896). The gold-quartz veins of Nevada City and Grass Valley Districts, California. Government printing office.
- Hoover, Mildred Brooke; Douglas E. Kyle; Hero Rensch (2002). Historic spots in California. Stanford University Press. p. 260. ISBN 0-8047-4482-3.
|This Nevada County, California-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This California ghost town-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|