Birds (Coldplay song)
|Promotional single by Coldplay|
|from the album A Head Full of Dreams|
|Released||2 January 2016|
"Birds" is a song by British alternative rock band Coldplay. It was produced by the band's long-time record producer Rik Simpson along with Norwegian production duo Stargate. It appears as the second track on their seventh studio album, A Head Full of Dreams (2015).
An official music video was also released by the band. The video was directed by Marcus Haney. It was set to the backdrop of the Colorado Desert's famous Salvation Mountain. The entire video was shot on a Super 8mm camera. The director wrote on Instagram: "It's a tribute of thanks to the late artist Leonard Knight for creating Salvation Mountain and bringing so much joy to everyone who's come across it."
Stuart Berman of Pitchfork called the song "a shot of taut, Phoenix-styled motorik pop that provides a rare moment of intensity on an album that’s all about arm-swaying, Super Bowl-crashing bombast".
|Netherlands (Single Top 100)||83|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||156|
|US Hot Rock Songs (Billboard)||31|
- "Coldplay - Birds (Official music video)". YouTube, Coldplay Official. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- "Coldplay (official facebook page)". Coldplay Facebook. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- "Coldplay Gets Psychedelic in the Desert for 'Birds' Video: Watch". Billboard. Retrieved 2 January 2016.
- "Coldplay explore Colorado's Salvation Mountain in their colourful Birds music video". DailyMail.co.uk. Retrieved 4 January 2016.
- Berman, Stuart (4 December 2015). "Coldplay: A Head Full of Dreams". Pitchfork Media. Retrieved 8 January 2016.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Coldplay – Birds" (in Dutch). Single Top 100. Retrieved 19 December 2015.
- "Chart Log UK - New Chart Entries - 19.12.2015". zobbel.de. 19 December 2015. Retrieved 13 January 2016.
- "Coldplay Chart History (Hot Rock Songs)". Billboard.