Birdville Independent School District
|Birdville Independent School District|
|Haltom City, Texas|
ESC Region 11 
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Superintendent||Dr. Darell Brown |
|Schools||34 (2009-10) |
|Students and staff|
|Students||23,545 (2010-11) |
|Teachers||1,489.22 (2009-10)  (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||15.38 (2009-10) |
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011||Academically Acceptable|
The Birdville Independent School District is a K-12 public school district based in Haltom City, Texas (USA). The name derives from a former community in the area, which later became part of Haltom City.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $6,836,900,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.039 per $100 of appraised valuation.
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Academically Acceptable
- 2010: Academically Acceptable
- 2009: Academically Acceptable
- 2008: Academically Acceptable
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Academically Acceptable
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Academically Acceptable
- 2002: Recognized
- 2001: Recognized
- 2000: Recognized
- 1999: Recognized
- 1998: Academically Acceptable
- 1997: Academically Acceptable
- 1996: Academically Acceptable
- 1995: Accredited
The district covers 40 square miles (100 km2) in northeast Tarrant County, including most of Haltom City, North Richland Hills, Richland Hills, and Watauga. It also serves small parts of Colleyville, Fort Worth, and Hurst. About 120,000 people live in the district.
In the 2011-2012 school year, the district had students in 34 schools.
High schools (Grades 9-12)
- Birdville High School, North Richland Hills
- Haltom High School, Haltom City
- Richland High School, North Richland Hills
Middle schools (Grades 6-8)
- Haltom Middle School, Haltom City
- North Oaks Middle School, Haltom City
- North Richland Middle School, North Richland Hills
- North Ridge Middle School, North Richland Hills
- Richland Middle School, Richland Hills
- Smithfield Middle School, North Richland Hills
- Watauga Middle School, Watauga
Primary schools (Pre-K-5)
- Shannon Learning Center, Haltom City, Grades 9-12
- Tarrant County JJAEP, Grades 6-12
- List of school districts in Texas
- Diane Patrick, member of the Texas House of Representatives from Arlington and a former teacher in the Birdville district
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Birdville ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- Blue Ribbon Schools Program, Schools Recognized 1982-1983 Through 1999-2002 (PDF) Archived March 26, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- Microsoft Word - list-2003.doc