Birdy Nam Nam
|Birdy Nam Nam|
Birdy Nam Nam in Paris on January 2007
|Past members||DJ Pone|
Birdy Nam Nam are a DJ crew from France. Birdy Nam Nam has won several prizes throughout their career including the DMC Technics 2002 World TEAM Championships. Birdy Nam Nam's goal is to use the turntable player as an actual musical instrument. Their self-titled debut album was released in 2006 on Uncivilized World Records, and in March of that year, they performed at the internationally renowned music conference SXSW. The group's name is taken from a line in the 1968 Peter Sellers film The Party, directed by Blake Edwards.
They gain their music from friends, owned albums, and press beats and patterns into vinyl to assemble their music live.
In 2012 they got a wider audience in the Anglophone world thanks to Skrillex. Indeed at the Festival des Artefacts, in Strasbourg, Skrillex played after Birdy Nam Nam and was very impressed, he decided to remix their song Goin' In multiple times and to release a remix album of BNN songs on his label OWSLA.
As featured artist
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Certifications||Album|
|"Wild for the Night"
(ASAP Rocky featuring Skrillex and Birdy Nam Nam)
|2013||80||63||65||169||38||43||Long. Live. ASAP|
|"—" denotes a recording that did not chart or was not released in that territory.|
- Birdy Nam Nam (2005)
- Live (2006) Recorded live on June 28, 2006 at La Cigale (Paris)
- Manual For Successful Rioting (2009)
- Defiant Order (September 2011, re-released in 2013)
- "Jazz It At Home"/"Body, Mind, Spirit" (vinyl)
- "Engineer Fear" (maxi vinyl)
- "The First Break Beat" (vinyl)
- "Trans Boulogne Express", December 2007 (maxi single)
- "Worried", (EP)
- "The Parachute Ending" (vinyl)
- "Goin' In", September 2011 (EP)
- "Jaded Future", July 17, 2012 (EP)
- "Defiant Order", January 22, 2013 (EP)
- "Defiant Order Remixes Project Vol. I: DJ Pone Selects", July 7, 2013 (EP)
- "Defiant Order Remixes Project Vol. II: DJ Need Selects", July 14, 2013 (EP)
- "Defiant Order Remixes Project Vol. III: Crazy B Selects", July 21, 2013 (EP)
- "Defiant Order Remixes Project Vol. IV: Lil' Mike Selects", July 28, 2013 (EP)
Birdy Nam Nam's song "Trans Boulogne Express" received mainstream recognition after it appeared in the movie Transporter 3.
- (2006). "Eclectic Mix Results in Musical Tour de Force." Music Week. January 21.
- Pareles, Jon (2006). "On a Mission to Make Soul Unpredictable." New York Times. April 9.
- 2005, Birdy Nam Nam (CD/DVD album), Interview on DVD
- On July 10 he published on facebook "I Played with these guys in Strasbourg France and I've NEVER seen a more impressive and musical Technically LIVE dj set ... These guys are all Some of the world's best turntablists and What They do live is gravement mind boggling ... "
- "A$AP Rocky – Chart History: Hot 100". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved March 12, 2013.
- Peak chart positions for singles as a featured artist in Canada:
- "Gold & Platinum Searchable Database – A$AP Rocky". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved May 4, 2013.
- "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2016 Singles". Australian Recording Industry Association. Retrieved March 13, 2016.
- "Birdy Nam Nam – Live". Discogs. Retrieved 1 July 2010.
- "11th Annual Independent Music Awards Winners Announced!" Independent Music Awards, 2 May 2012. Retrieved on 4 Sept. 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Birdy Nam Nam.|
|This article about a French band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|