Birger Gerhardsson (1926 – 25 December 2013) was a Swedish Biblical scholar and professor emeritus in the Faculty of Theology at Lund University, Sweden. His primary academic focus has been on the transmission and development of the oral traditions of the New Testament gospels.
- Memory and Manuscript. Oral Tradition and Written Transmission in Rabbinic Judaism and Early Christianity. Thesis, Uppsala., 1961.
- Tradition and Transmission in Early Christianity, Coniectanea Neotestamentica, 20. Lund,: C.W.K. Gleerup, 1964.
- Memory and Manuscript. Oral Tradition and Written Transmission in Rabbinic Judaism and Early Christianity with Tradition and Transmission in Early Christianity, Grand Rapids, Mich.: Eerdmans 1998.
- The Origins of the Gospel Traditions. Philadelphia: Fortress Press, 1979.
- The Reliability of the Gospel Tradition. Peabody, Mass.: Hendrickson Publishers, 2001.
|This article about a Swedish scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|