|Member of the European Parliament
17 March 2012
4 September 1956 |
|Political party||Christian Democratic Union|
Birgit Collin-Langen (born 4 September 1956) is a German CDU politician. She served as the mayor of Bingen am Rhein from 1996 to 2012. In March 2012, she took her seat in the European Parliament for Rhineland-Palatinate in place of Kurt Lechner, who had resigned his seat due to age.
On the 18th of June 2015, she resigned from a secondary employment as a member of an advisory committee for the energy company RWE after criticism from LobbyControl on the publication day of a study that had been published by LobbyControl in collaboration with Corporate Europe Observatory and Friends of the Earth Europe. Criticism aimed at her advocating for RWE-friendly positions in the Committee on Environment, Public Health and Food Safety of the European Parliament. 
- "Verabschiedung der Oberbürgermeisterin Birgit Collin-Langen" (in German). Bingen am Rhein. 24 February 2012. Retrieved 25 May 2012.
- "Neue deutsche MdEP: Birgit Collin-Langen" (in German). Netzwerk Europäische Bewegung Deutschland. 30 April 2012. Retrieved 25 May 2012.
- Whose Representatives? MEPs on the industry payroll, A report by Friends of the Earth Europe, Corporate Europe Observatory and LobbyControl. Written and researched by Rachel Tansey. Contributions from Paul de Clerck, Olivier Hoedeman and Nina Katzemich, June 2015, accessed on 22nd of June 2015
- "Nach Kritik von LobbyControl: Birgit Collin-Langen verlässt RWE-Beirat" (in German). swr.de. 18 June 2015. Retrieved 22 June 2015.
- "Nach Kritik verlässt Collin-Langen RWE-Beirat" (in German). LobbyControl. 18 June 2015. Retrieved 22 June 2015.
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Germany is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography article about a member of the Christian Democratic Union of Germany (CDU) is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|