From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Birkhoff's theorem (disambiguation))
Birkhoff's theorem may refer to several theorems named for the American mathematician George David Birkhoff:
- Birkhoff's theorem (relativity)
- Birkhoff's theorem (electromagnetism)
- Birkhoff's ergodic theorem
- Birkhoff–von Neumann theorem on Birkhoff polytope
It may also refer to theorems named for his son, Garrett Birkhoff:
- Birkhoff's HSP theorem, concerning the closure operations of homomorphism, subalgebra and product
- Birkhoff's representation theorem for distributive lattices
- Birkhoff's theorem (equational logic), stating that syntactic and semantic consequence coincide
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Birkhoff's theorem.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.