|Location||Bickenhill, Solihull, Metropolitan Borough of Solihull|
High Speed 2
The station will be on the east side of the M42 motorway, and linked to the National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham Airport and Birmingham International railway station by a people mover. The people mover will have a capacity of over 2,100 passengers per hour in each direction in the peak period.
Current service proposals suggest five trains per hour will stop at Birmingham Interchange, in each direction. Journey time from this station to London is planned to be 38 minutes.
- "DfT map of station" (PDF).
- "Station designs unveiled for HS2 route". BBC News. 9 October 2018. Retrieved 1 July 2020.
- "HS2 Phase One full business case". www.gov.uk. Department for Transport. 15 April 2020. Retrieved 3 February 2021.
- Department for Transport (11 March 2010). High Speed Rail - Command Paper (PDF). The Stationery Office. p. 118. ISBN 978-0-10-178272-2. Retrieved 13 March 2010.
- "East Birmingham to Solihull Metro Extension – Midland Metro Alliance". Retrieved 30 July 2020.