Birte Glang is a German actress, brand ambassador, fashion model, and lawyer. She started her career as a series regular on the award winning TV show Unter Uns. In 2012, Birte starred in the German James Bond parody “Agent Ranjid rettet die Welt”, produced by Constantin Film. In 2014, she was booked for a film with the comedian Nick Offerman.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Career
- 3 Philosophy and philanthropy
- 4 Personal life
- 5 In the media
- 6 Movies (Selection)
- 7 Television (Selection)
- 8 Commercials (Selection)
- 9 Short films/Web series (Selection)
- 10 Awards and nominations
- 11 References
- 12 External links
Birte Glang was born April 15, 1980, in Recklinghausen, Germany. The daughter of two teachers is the youngest of three siblings. Glang received her high school diploma (Abitur) from the Willy-Brandt-Gymnasium in Oer-Erkenschwick, Germany. She went on to study law at the Ruhr-University Bochum. During her studies, Glang supported herself by working as a model, booking jobs in Milan, Barcelona, Istanbul, Paris, Los Angeles and Vienna. In 2003, she received a Fashion TV Model Award nomination for Best Upcoming Model.
After receiving her law degree in 2006, Glang decided to trade in her lawyer robes for a career as a professional actress. Inspired by roles she booked as a model in TV commercials and music videos, she began taking private acting, speech and voice lessons. She continues to study acting with coaches in Berlin and Los Angeles.
Glang began her TV career with a couple of supporting roles in German TV series and films in 2007. In 2009, this led to a leading role in the popular series Unter Uns. She appeared in nearly 300 episodes. During her two-year stint on the show, she also appeared on covers of several fashion and TV magazines.
Glang appeared in TV-films highlighted by the 2009 German historical drama "Schicksalsjahre", where she co-starred alongside lead actress Maria Furtwängler. In 2010, she appeared in Sony Pictures’ tragic-comedy "Das große Comeback" with renowned German actors Uwe Ochsenknecht and Andrea Sawatzki. The TV movie was nominated for the Adolf-Grimme-Award.
In 2016, Birte starred in “Was kostet die Liebe - ein Großstadtmärchen“, the German comedic version of the fairytale Cinderella, which was broadcast on SAT.1 and produced by Emmy-award-winning production company UFA Fiction.
In 2011, Glang left her television show for the pursue a film career. Six months later, she was cast for the lead in the Constantin Film “Agent Ranjid rettet die Welt”. In the action comedy, she plays the assistant-in-crime of villain Rutger Hauer and the love interest of Kaya Yanar. She produced and starred in a short film about the need for organ donations. “Im Himmel braucht man kein Gepäck" (“You Don’t Need Luggage in Heaven”) was shown as a public service announcement during the preview of feature films in German theaters. It has won several awards, for instance the "Golden Delphin" at the Cannes Cooperate Media & TV Awards 2013, and is in regular television circulation.
In 2006, she agreed to a 4-year worldwide campaign for Audi Quattro. She appeared in ad campaigns for Pierre Cardin, for the Italian clothing line Prima Donna, Oriflame, and the German sports nutrition company “Multipower Sportsfood”. Since 2013, she has an endorsement deal with CELLAGON and CELLAGON COSMETICS.
Philosophy and philanthropy
In 2010, she participated in a fundraiser for children in need that was broadcast on RTL Television. Since January 2011, she has been an official ambassador for the German-Organ-Transplantation-Foundation (DSO). In 2012, Glang was made a special ambassador for the organization "Für’s Leben – Für Organspende" (For life – for organ donation), a charity of the DSO.
In the media
- 2012: Agent Ranjid rettet die Welt, Constantin Film
- 2012: Im Himmel braucht man kein Gepäck (“You Don’t Need Luggage in Heaven”), Kino-Vorfilm, Domar Film
- 2006: Verbotene Liebe (TV series), ARD
- 2008: Mannsbilder (Comedyshow), Sat.1
- 2008: Schimanski (TV series), ARD
- 2009: SOKO Köln (TV series), ZDF
- 2010: Schicksalsjahre (TV mini series), ZDF
- 2010: Das große Comeback (TV movie), ZDF
- 2010: Alarm für Cobra 11 (TV series), RTL
- 2010–2011: Unter uns (TV series), (287 episodes), RTL
- 2011: Anna und die Liebe (TV series), Sat.1
- 2012: Alarm für Cobra 11 (TV series), RTL
- 2012: SOKO Köln (TV series), ZDF
- 2012: Cindy & die jungen Wilden (Comedyshow), RTL
- 2012: Pastewka (Comedy series), Sat.1
- 2012: Der Ballermann – Ein Bulle auf Mallorca (TV movie), RTL
- 2013: SOKO Wismar (TV series), ZDF
- 2014: Bülent Ceylan & seine Freunde (Comedyshow), RTL
- 2015: SOKO Stuttgart, (TV series), ZDF
- 2016: Was kostet die Liebe? - Ein Großstadtmärchen" (TV movie), SAT.1
- 2000: Esso
- 2005-2006: Sunpoint
- 2006: Pearle „Besser sehen“
- 2009: Inku
- 2009: Persil „Baby Skin“
- 2010: Bitburger
- 2011: ERGO
Short films/Web series (Selection)
- 2006: "She´s so", Interpret: Tobias Regner, music clip
- 2008: "Hunger", short film
- 2008: "Elevator", short film
- 2009: "Big Black Crow", Interpret: Kai Noll, music clip
- 2010: "Dance like you", dance short film, Production Spacehippies
- 2010: "Red Mind", web crime series, MMPro
- 2012: "Im Himmel braucht man kein Gepäck", ("In heaven you don´t need luggage),(short film), Domar Film
- 2014: "Make Me Better", short film, Fall out Entertainment (USA)
Awards and nominations
- 2003: Fashion TV Model Award, France, Best Upcoming Model, Nomination
- 2012: Adolf-Grimme-Award, Germany, Nomination, Project: "Das große Comeback"/ZDF
- 2013: InterMedia-Globe Silver WorldMediaFestival, Germany, Winner, Project: " für "Im Himmel braucht man kein Gepäck – In Heaven You Don´t Need Luggage"
- 2013: Award of Master+ Award of Excellence - Corporate Media New Media.Film.TV, Germany, Winner, Project: "Im Himmel braucht man kein Gepäck – In Heaven You Don´t Need Luggage"
- 2013: ITVA Award Gold, Germany, Winner, Project: "Im Himmel braucht man kein Gepäck – In Heaven You Don´t Need Luggage"
- 2013: Golden Dolphin - Cannes Corporate Media & TV Awards, France, Winner, Project: "Im Himmel braucht man kein Gepäck – In Heaven You Don´t Need Luggage"
- "Agent Ranjid rettet die Welt", German movie website
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-11-10. Retrieved 2013-11-03. Birte Glang`s model jobs.
-  Birte Glang left "Under one Roof".
-  Birte Glang starring in "Das große Comeback".
-  Golden Delphin Award Cannes.
-  Award "Prädikat besonders wertvoll" Deutsche Film- und Medienbewertung.
-  intermedia-globe award SILVER WorldMediaFestival 2013.
-  Award for "Im Himmel braucht man kein Gepäck".
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-11-10. Retrieved 2013-11-03. Cellagon Cosmetics".
-  Ergo Commercial with Birte Glang.
-  Miss ECO 2011.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-11-10. Retrieved 2013-11-03. Fairtrade Award
-  German-Organ-Transplantation-Foundation
-  Fürs Leben
-  Birte Glang FHM
-  TV Digital
-  Making of Bestyled Shooting with Birte Glang
-  Birte Glang OK Magazine
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Birte Glang.|