Bishop Hills, Texas
Bishop Hills, Texas
Location of Bishop Hills, Texas
|• Mayor||Betty Benham|
|• Total||0.31 sq mi (0.81 km2)|
|• Land||0.31 sq mi (0.81 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.00 km2)|
|Elevation||3,488 ft (1,063 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||568.69/sq mi (219.29/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1802734|
Bishop Hills is located at (35.259348, -101.951091).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.3 square miles (0.78 km2), all of it land.
Is also the fictional town in the Wasted Youth series located on the coast of Miami.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2000, there were 210 people, 84 households, and 67 families residing in the town. The population density was 676.1 people per square mile (261.6/km2). There were 85 housing units at an average density of 273.6 per square mile (105.9/km2). The racial makeup of the town was 98.10% White, 0.48% from other races, and 1.43% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 5.71% of the population.
There were 84 households, out of which 23.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 72.6% were married couples living together, 4.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 20.2% were non-families. 17.9% of all households were made up of individuals, and 4.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.50 and the average family size was 2.82.
In the town, the population was spread out, with 22.4% under the age of 18, 1.0% from 18 to 24, 25.2% from 25 to 44, 36.2% from 45 to 64, and 15.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 46 years. For every 100 females, there were 85.8 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 87.4 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $61,250, and the median income for a family was $78,397. Males had a median income of $69,375 versus $25,750 for females. The per capita income for the town was $34,488. About 7.8% of families and 8.3% of the population were below the poverty line, including none of those under the age of eighteen or sixty five or over.
The Town of Bishop Hills is served by the Bushland Independent School District.
- "2019 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved August 7, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". United States Census Bureau. May 24, 2020. Retrieved May 27, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)