Bishop Feehan High School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Bishop Feehan High School|
|70 Holcott Drive
Attleboro, Massachusetts, (Bristol County) 02703
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|President||Tim Sullivan '87|
|Chaplain||Father David Costa|
|Average class size||19|
|Student to teacher ratio||13:1|
|Campus size||42 acres|
|Slogan||Set your hearts on things above not on things of earth.|
|Athletics conference||Eastern Athletic Conference|
|Mascot||Lucky the Leprechaun|
|Rival||Attleboro High School North Attleboro High School Bishop Stang High School|
|Accreditation||New England Association of Schools and Colleges|
|Publication||"Cornerstone" (alumni magazine)|
|Newspaper||The Rock Report|
|Athletic Director||Paul O'Boy|
Bishop Feehan High School is a co-educational Catholic high school in Attleboro, Massachusetts. It is located in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Fall River. The school was built in 1961 and staffed by the Sisters of Mercy. The school has grown to over 1,000 students. Each class is approximately 250+ students, who are selected from a significantly larger pool of applicants.
The second of five regional, diocesan Catholic high schools constructed in the Diocese of Fall River, the school opened in the fall of 1961. Bishop Feehan, a Roman Catholic institution, was founded to form a partnership with the families of the Attleboro area in educating teenagers in the teachings of Jesus Christ and His Church.
Feehan offers 12 AP classes and honors courses in mathematics, foreign languages, English, science and the arts. An engineering class is offered in conjunction with the Museum of Science in Boston.
100% of Feehan's most recent graduating class was accepted to a four-year institution and 98% enrolled at a four-year institution.
Bishop Feehan has a wide range of athletic activities which include football, marching band, ice hockey, cheerleading, volleyball, cross country, basketball, track, soccer, baseball, swim, lacrosse, water polo, fencing, and some others. Bishop Feehan's football team has won numerous state titles including the latest in 2012 where they defeated Lynnfield High School at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, MA. Feehan athletes won three state titles in 2015-16 alone, including wins in golf, swimming and girls basketball (division one state champs!). Feehan initiated a boys and girls lacrosse program in 2007 and launched a club field hockey program in 2016. The Boys Spring Track team also currently has 91 straight dual-meet wins.
- Boys Cross Country Team All-State Champions - 1987, 1993, 1994, 2003, 2008, 2011
- Girls Cross Country Team All-State Champions - 2003, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Baseball State Champions – 1994
- Baseball State Finalists – 1998
- Wrestling State Champions - 1992, 2011
- Football State Champions – 1997, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Football State Finalists – 1994, 2000
- Marching Band NESBA Champions- 2008, 2011
- Girls Basketball State Champions- 2016
- Mark Schmidt (1981): Head Coach of Men's Basketball at St. Bonaventure University
- Mark Coogan (1984): Decorated track athlete, former collegiate track star at University of Maryland, and member of the 1996 U.S. Olympic team.
- Jim Renner (2001): Professional golfer 
- NEASC-CIS. "NEASC-Commission on Independent Schools". Archived from the original on 2009-06-16. Retrieved 2009-07-28.
- Bishopfeehan.com: At a Glance
- Bishopfeehan.com: College Acceptance
- Cool Running.com: Mark Coogan Retires