Bishop James Mahoney High School
|Bishop James Mahoney High School|
God is faithful
|231 Primrose Drive
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, S7K 6Y3
|Opened||September 4, 1984|
|School board||Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools|
|Assistant Principal||Kari Weiman|
|Grades||Grade 9 to Grade 12|
|Language||English, French immersion|
|Colour(s)||Blue and green|
|Website||Bishop James Mahoney High School|
Bishop James Mahoney High School (BJM) is a high school serving grades 9 to 12, located in the Lawson Heights neighbourhood in the north end of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. It is also known as Bishop Mahoney High School. It is the only Catholic high school in the north end of Saskatoon, serving the Silverwood Heights, Lawson Heights, River Heights, Richmond Heights, and North Park neighbourhoods. It is operated by Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools.
Bishop James Mahoney High School opened for classes on September 4, 1984. It is named in honour of the Most Reverend James P. Mahoney, former Bishop of Saskatoon, in recognition of his many contributions to Catholic Education in Saskatoon. Prior to his appointment as Bishop, Mahoney was a classroom teacher at the former St. Paul's High School and E. D. Feehan Catholic High School. He also served as the first principal of Holy Cross High School. During his episcopate, Bishop Mahoney remained interested and involved in Catholic education and as a speaker in the field of education.
|Junior and senior football||9-12||Aug-Nov|
|Junior and senior volleyball||9-12||Sept-Nov|
|Junior and senior basketball||9-12||Nov-March|
|Junior and senior badminton||9-12||March–May|
|Cross country running||9-12||Aug-Oct|
|Girls' and boys' curling||9-12||Oct-Mar|
- Brian Guebert - former CFL player with Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Melissa Hawach - involved in precedent setting multinational custody dispute
- Kelsie Hendry - Olympic pole vaulter
- Jenni Hucul - Canadian bobsledder
- Kaylyn Kyle - Canadian women's national soccer team player and Olympic bronze medalist
- Cory Mantyka - former CFL player with BC Lions
- Brent Sopel - former NHL player
- Celebrating a Century of Faith and Learning - A History of Saskatoon's Catholic Schools. Greater Saskatoon Catholic Schools. 2015. p. 184. ISBN 978-0-9947443-0-2.
- Active List of Saskatchewan Schools/Programs (PDF), retrieved 2016-11-28
- Bishop James Mahoney High School, "Student Handbook 2013-2014", Bishop James Mahoney High School, August 31, 2013
- Warick, Jason (16 May 2016). "Mom, children doing well 10 years after abduction led to rescue in Lebanon". Saskatoon StarPhoenix. Retrieved 6 October 2016.
- Breen, Justin (8 November 2016). "Ex-Blackhawk Brent Sopel Tackles His Dyslexia By Going Back To School". DNAinfo.com. Retrieved 21 November 2016.