Bishop State Community College
|President||Dr.Reginald Sykes PhD|
|Dean||Dr.Terry Hazzard PhD|
Women's Fastpitch Softball
Bishop State has seven academic divisions and four technical divisions:
- Information Systems
- Natural Science and Mathematics
- Business and Economics
- Social Sciences
- Health-Related Professions
- Workforce Development
- Commercial and Industrial Technology
- Consumer & Transportation Technology
- Engineering and Construction
Bishop State Community College has four campuses in Mobile County: Main located at 351 N. Broad Street, Banker- Gaines Central Located at 1365 Dr.Martin Luther king Jr. Avenue, Carver located at 414 Stanton Road, and Southwest located at 925 Dauphin Island Parkway.
The Bishop State Community College Department of Athletics currently sponsors Men's Basketball, Women's Basketball, Men's Baseball, and Women's Fastpitch Softball. The teams, nicknamed the Wildcats, play in the Alabama Community College Conference of the National Junior College Athletic Association.
- Jessie Tompkins - Former nationally ranked athlete in track and field, led lawsuit against whites-only scholarships at Alabama State University
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bishop State Community College.|
- "CIR Fights 'Whites Only' Scholarships in Alabama". Center for Individual Rights. 29 September 1999. Retrieved 13 May 2012.