Bishop Thomas K. Gorman Catholic School
Not to be confused with Bishop Gorman High School in Nevada.
|Bishop Thomas K. Gorman
Seek Wisdom Through Truth and Charity
|1405 East Southeast Loop 323
Tyler, Texas, (Smith County) 75701
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Chaplain||Bishop Emeritus Edmund Carmody|
|Average class size||15|
|Student to teacher ratio||10:1|
|Campus size||30 acres (120,000 m2)|
|Color(s)||Green and White|
|Athletics conference||Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS)|
|Accreditation||Southern Association of Colleges and Schools|
Located on 30 acres (120,000 m2) in south Tyler, the campus features a main classroom building, Sts. Peter and Paul Chapel, two gyms, a fine arts center, McCallum Stadium, the renovated Holy Family Library, as well as numerous sports fields. It has been ranked as a Top 50 Catholic High School in 2004-2005, 2005-2006, 2006–2007, 2007-2008, 2008-2009, 2009–2010, 2010-2012, and 2012-2014.
The mission of Bishop Gorman Catholic School is the fulfillment of the educational ministry of the Catholic Church and has as its primary goal the ongoing formation of the Christian person. It aims at the development of the individual’s moral, intellectual, social, cultural and physical endowments.
We are the Crusaders
Best in the land
We are the Crusaders
With God's guiding hand
We pledge thee our allegiance
The green and white our fame
So on Gorman Crusaders
Bring honor to your name!
Bishop T.K. Gorman maintains several facilities for academic, athletic, and community purposes.
- Main Campus Building
- Sts. Peter and Paul Chapel
- Holy Family Library
- McCallum Stadium (football) (soccer)
- Haddad Gym
- Milam Joseph Center
- Baseball Field
- Carney Softball Field
- Tennis Courts
- Field House
- Master's Garden
Fall Athletic Offerings
Winter Interscholastic Sports
Spring Interscholastic Sports
State Championships won by Bishop T. K. Gorman:
- Overall State Champions - 2001, 2002
- Academic State Champions - 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
- Middle School Academic (PSIA) - 2014
- Choir - 2002, 2006, 2010
- Academics - 1999, 2000, 2002
- Ladies Track - 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006
- Men's Cross Country - 2001
- Women's Cross Country - 2004, 2005, 2006
- Football - 1984, 1995
- Soccer - 2000, 2001
- Golf - 1991, 1992
- Men's Track - 2000, 2002
- Men's Basketball - 1987, 1988
- Women's Tennis - 1980
- Men's Tennis - 1984
The Bishop Thomas K Gorman high school ladies track team currently holds the record for the most consecutive state championships in TAPPS history, having won the state Track & Field championship every year from 1999 to 2006.
Notes and references
- SACS-CASI. "SACS-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement". Archived from the original on April 29, 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-23.
- BTKGHS. "School Profile". Bishop T. K. Gorman High School website. Archived from the original on 2007-03-13. Retrieved 2007-05-11.