Bishop Ward High School
|Bishop Ward High School|
708 North 18th Street 
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Patron saint(s)||St. Francis of Assisi|
|Grades||9 to 12|
|Color(s)||White and Black|
|Athletics conference||Crossroads League|
|Rival||Piper High School|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools |
Bishop Ward High School was established in 1908 as Catholic High School at 1236 Sandusky, Kansas City, Kansas. In 1931, during the Great Depression, the current building was built at 708 North 18th Street, Kansas City, Kansas, and the school was renamed Bishop Ward High School. It is named after Bishop John Ward.
Currently Bishop Ward is a Catholic college preparatory high school. 
Bishop Ward High School has a long history of success in athletics especially on the baseball diamond. The boys' baseball team has claimed 12 state titles, six of which came consecutively from 2003 to 2008. The football team won two state titles in 1971 and 1973. The boys' basketball team won a state title in 1938.
- Neil Allen, pitching coach for Minnesota Twins; former MLB player (New York Mets, Saint Louis Cardinals, New York Yankees, Chicago White Sox, Cleveland Indians)
- Ray Sadecki, former MLB player (St. Louis Cardinals, San Francisco Giants, New York Mets, Atlanta Braves, Kansas City Royals, Milwaukee Brewers)
- David Segui, former MLB player (Baltimore Orioles, New York Mets, Montreal Expos, Seattle Mariners, Toronto Blue Jays, Texas Rangers, Cleveland Indians)
- Diego Segui, former MLB player (Kansas City Athletics, Washington Senators, Seattle Pilots, St. Louis Cardinals, Boston Red Sox)
- GNIS for Bishop Ward High School; USGS; October 13, 1978.
- NCA-CASI. "NCA-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement". Archived from the original on April 29, 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-23.
- Sister Maureen Craig. "The History of Bishop Ward High School". Archived from the original on 2007-07-28. Retrieved 2007-05-11.
- KSHAA Baseball History
- KSHAA Football History
- KSHAA Basketball History