Bishop of Kensington
The Bishop of Kensington is an episcopal title used by an area bishop of the Church of England Diocese of London, in the Province of Canterbury, England. The Bishop of Kensington is responsible for a part of Greater London, including Kensington, Hounslow, Hampton, Hammersmith and Fulham, plus the Spelthorne district in Surrey. The bishops suffragan of Kensington have been area bishops since the London area scheme was founded in 1979.
List of bishops
|Bishops of Kensington|
|1901||1911||Frederick Ridgeway||(1875–1921). Translated to Salisbury|
|1932||1942||Bertram Simpson||(1883–1971). Translated to Southwark|
|1942||1949||Henry Montgomery Campbell||(1887–1970). Formerly Bishop of Willesden. Translated to Guildford|
|1949||1961||Cyril Easthaugh||(1897–1988). Translated to Peterborough|
|1962||1964||Edward Roberts||(1908–2001). Formerly Bishop of Malmesbury. Translated to Ely|
|1964||1980||Ronald Goodchild||(1910–1998) First area bishop from 1979.|
|1981||1987||Mark Santer||(b. 1936). Translated to Birmingham|
|1996||2008||Michael Colclough||(b. 1944). Moved to become Canon Residentiary and Canon Pastor at St Paul's Cathedral|
|2009||2015||Paul Williams ||Translated to Southwell & Nottingham, 11 May 2015.|
|23 September 2015 onwards||bishop-designate||Graham Tomlin|| Consecration announced for 23 September 2015.|
- Crockford's Clerical Directory (100th ed.). London: Church House Publishing. 2007. p. 947. ISBN 978-0-7151-1030-0.
- "4: The Dioceses Commission, 1978–2002" (PDF). Church of England. Retrieved 23 April 2013.
- Daily Telegraph Issue no 47,759 (dated Saturday 20 December 2008) Appointments in the clergy p 26
- Diocese of Southwell & Nottingham — Election of new Bishop of Southwell & Nottingham confirmed (Accessed 24 May 2015)
- Diocese of London – Graham Tomlin announced as the new Bishop of Kensington (Accessed 2 July 2015)
- Diocese of London – A new Bishop of Kensington (Accessed 2 July 2015)
|This Anglicanism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|