Diocese on the Niger
Diocese On the Niger is one of 10 Anglican dioceses in the Province of Niger within the Church of Nigeria. The diocese was created in 1920 from the eastern part of the Diocese of Equatorial West Africa. A part was subsequently carved out in 1946 to create the Niger Delta Diocese.
Originally part of Province Two of the Church of Nigeria when the church was divided into three provinces in 1997, On the Niger became a diocese in the Province of Niger when the Church was reorganised in 2002.
The cathedral church of the diocese is the Cathedral Church of All Saints, Onitsha. Started in 1949 the completed cathedral was dedicated for worship on 1 November, 1992. 
List of Bishops
- 1919–1921 Herbert Tugwell
- 1922–1945 Bertram Lasbrey
- 1945–1969 Cecil Patterson
- 1969–?1975 Lucius Madubuko Uzodike
- 1975–2000 Jonathan Onyemelukwe (also Archbishop of Province Two and later Dean of the Church of Nigeria)
- ?2000–?2010 Ken Sandy Edozie Okeke
- 2011–present Owen Chidozie Nwokolo 
|This Nigerian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|