||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (September 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Founder||Signor Felice Bisleri|
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|India, United Arab Emirates|
|Ramesh Chauhan (Chairman and MD)|
|Products||Bisleri Mineral Water, Bisleri Soda, Bisleri Urzza, Bisleri Vedica, Bisleri Pop|
Bisleri International Pvt. Ltd is an Indian beverages company best known for its eponymous Bisleri brand of bottled water. Bisleri holds 70% market share in the Indian packaged drinking water industry.
It is available in 7 pack sizes: 250ml, 500ml, 1 litre, 2 litre, 5 litre, 15 litre and 20 litre jars. Its operations run throughout the subcontinent of India and is one of the leading bottled water supplying companies. As of 19 September 2015[update], Bisleri has 80 bottling plants Pan India, amongst which 12 are their own and 68 are licensed.
The composition of Bisleri Water in milligrams per litre (mg/l):
- 80-150ppm TDS
- 6.5-7.5-ph factor
The Parle Group, founded by Jayantilal Chauhan, began manufacturing soft drinks in 1949. Bisleri, an Italian mineral water company, was launched in Mumbai in the year 1965. The Parle Group purchased Bisleri from the Italian entrepreneur Signor Felice Bisleri in 1969.
They merely used the name and launched Bisleri soda with two variants—carbonated and non-carbonated mineral water. Bisleri soda, though doing well, had to be discontinued, as Parle sold their soft drink brands to Coca-Cola in 1993. After the sale to Coca-Cola, Ramesh Chauhan dedicated himself to develop Bisleri as a brand and bring safe drinking water into the public domain.
- Parle bought over Bisleri, from an Italian entrepreneur
- Parle group launches LIMCA, that derives its name from 'NIMBU KA' (of lemon)
- Parle group launches MAAZA, a mango based drink
- Parle group launches THUMS UP, a cola flavoured aerated drink
- Opponents started for Bisleri in a large scale, however it was still able to survive
- Bisleri economic 20-litre jar was introduced to cater to homes and offices
- Bisleri changed its brand colour from blue to green
- Bisleri mountain water from the Himalayas was launched
- Bisleri ushered in the festive seasons with 250ml and 500ml packs
- Bisleri SODA was launched.
- A home-sized pack of 15 litres was introduced
- Bisleri stepped into the premium water category with Vedica - natural mountain water from the Himalayas
- Bisleri launched an energy drinks - Urzza
- Bisleri changed its packaging
- Bisleri launches 'Bisleri POP' in four flavours. Bisleri POP is a range of fizzy soft drinks.
- Bisleri Mountain Water
- Packaged drinking water. Available 250ml, 300ml, 500ml, 1 litre, 2 litres, 5 litres , 10 litres, 15 litres and 20 litres
- Vedica is premium packaged natural mountain water from Himalayas. Available in 250ml, 500ml and 1 litre
- Bisleri Soda
- Carbonated water by Bisleri.
- Caffeine free energy drink by Bisleri. Available in 250 ml can and 300 ml PET bottle.
- Bisleri POP
- Bisleri Pop comes in four new, fizzilicious flavours - PinaColada, Spyci, Limonata, and Fonzo.
- PinaColada, a fizzy drink that has notes of pineapple, coconut and vanilla flavours.
- Spyci, a cola drink with a twist of spices.
- Limonata, a lemon and lime drink.
- Fonzo, a drink with flavours of orange, mango and peach.
Stock keeping units (SKUs)
Bisleri has seven SKU’s under Bisleri Water, three under Vedica natural spring water, two under Urzza power drink and three under Bisleri POP soft drink.
Bisleri purification process
The multiple stages of the Bisleri purification process is claimed to ensure that the water is free from all forms of bacteria. Bisleri does not use the process of chlorination as it may create harmful residues in water. The journey of a Bisleri bottle begins from the source which is ground water. This sourced water is treated with ozone, which helps destroy all the bacteria and viruses within seconds. The water then goes through a sand filter which removes the coarse particles up to 30 micron in size. The next filter is the carbon filter which helps get rid of any pesticides, color and odor from the water. This water then goes through a process called reverse osmosis which removes the excess quantity of salts and minerals from the water making it soft and drinkable. Minerals are then added to the water to bring back the taste and goodness. Bisleri mineral water contains minerals such as magnesium sulphate and potassium bicarbonate, which the company claims to maintain the body’s pH balance and to keep the body fit and energetic. At Bisleri this purified mineral water is made to go through a double ozonisation process before the filling to ensure no environment contamination happens during the filling and the product can enjoy a long life.
The entire process involves zero human intervention giving no chance for external contamination. In case of SKU’s such as the 20-litre jar, where the container is re-used, there is an additional process followed. This process involves getting back the containers, conducting a human check
PET used for filling Bisleri water
The bottles used at Bisleri are manufactured at the Bisleri plant itself to avoid any possible contamination. Bisleri uses only Grade 1 PET bottles for its products. PET is safe for storing water and can be 100% recycled after use. The bottles are made using preforms, which go through a blowing process where the bottles attain the desired shapes and sizes. These bottles are then used for filling the purified water and are then mechanically sealed and packaged.
- "About Us - History". www.bisleri.com. Retrieved 7 November 2016.