Shahjalal International Airport |
Shah Amanat International Airport
Osmani International Airport
|Secondary hubs||Cox's Bazar|
|Parent company||Mollah Group of Industries|
|Key people||Mr. M. A. Mannan|
Bismillah Airlines was launched in 1998. In 2016, it expanded its cargo operations to the Hong Kong Airport.
In 1999, BAL launched a commercial route between Bangkok and Dacca with a Boeing 707.
In 2010, Bismillah Airlines exported 120,000 tons worth of cargo goods, and imported 75,000 tons.
Bismillah Airlines is the property of the Mollah Group of Industries. Bismillah Airlines is the first international cargo carrier in Bangladesh. In 2009, the Mollah Group opened the Bismillah Flying School, the first private flying school in the country.
Historically, the Bismillah Airlines fleet included (as of 1 April 2015):
- 1 Antonov An-8 (3C-ZZO - Leased)
- 3 Antonov AN-12 (EK-12777, XU-U4C & XU-365 - Leased)
- 1 Antonov AN-26 (LZ-SFH Purchased)
- 1 Boeing 707
- 1 Boeing 727
- 2 Boeing 737
- 2 Boeing 747 (ER-BAM & ER-JAI - Leased)
- 1 Bombardier Dash 8 (G-BRYV - Leased)
- 1 Douglas DC-8 (S2-AEK)
- 2 Hawker Siddeley HS 748 (S2-ADW & S2-AAX Purchased; S2-AEE & S2-AAT Leased)
- 1 Ilyushin IL-18
- 1 Ilyushin IL-76
- 1 Ilyushin IL-96
- 2 Lockheed L-1011 TriStar (S2-ADR - Purchased)
- "HACTL selected by Bismillah Airlines". Asiacargonews.com. 6 December 2016. Retrieved 15 March 2018.
- "Bismillah Airlines launchs commercial operation between Bangkok-Dacca". Aviationweek.com. 28 June 1999. Retrieved 15 March 2018.
- "Performance". Bismillahairlines.net. Retrieved 15 March 2018.
- "Background". Bismillahairlines.net. Retrieved 15 March 2018.
- "Profile for: Bismillah Airlines". Aerotransport.org. Retrieved 15 March 2018.
- "Short shots". Cargoforwarder.eu. 18 December 2016. Retrieved 15 March 2018.
Media related to Bismillah Airlines at Wikimedia Commons
|This article relating to an Asian airline is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about transport in Bangladesh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|