Scheels Center is a 5,830 seat multi-purpose arena in Fargo, North Dakota. It was built in 1970 and was home to the North Dakota State University Bison basketball and wrestling team through the 2013 season. It was previously named the Bison Sports Arena. The main facility was renamed the Sanford Health Athletic Complex and the basketball arena was renamed The Scheels Center. It reopened under the new name for the 2016 season.
Fundraising was launched as part of the Edge Campaign to privately raise money for the extension and renovation of the Bison Sports Arena. On October 11, 2013, the NDSU Foundation voted unanimously to back the project up to 41 million, pending legislative approval. On November 23, 2013, the State Board Of Higher Education unanimously approved the project. On December 11, 2013, the project was unanimously approved.
The renovation included:
- Scheels Center basketball arena
- Shelly Ellig indoor track and field facility (completed)
- 14,500 sq. ft. basketball training facility
- 15,000 sq. ft. performance training center
- 2,000 sq. ft. Hall of Fame display
- team store
- ticket office
- Student Athlete Academic Center
- New 4 sided HD video board will be installed. 
- "North Dakota State University Athletics - Bison Sports Arena".
- "Daktronics Selected for New Video Displays in Sanford Health Athletic Complex". GoBison.com. Retrieved 2016-06-17.
|This article about a sports venue in North Dakota is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|