|• Mayor||Sabine Schlüter|
|• Total||128.55 km2 (49.63 sq mi)|
|Elevation||90 m (300 ft)|
|• Density||50/km2 (130/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Bispingen is a municipality in the Heidekreis district of Lower Saxony, Germany. It is a popular tourist destination with several holiday/theme parks. Its territory also includes the nature preserve of the Lüneburg Heath around the Wilseder Berg.
- Steinbeck an der Luhe (Steinbeck/Luhe)
- Haverbeck (Nieder- and Oberhaverbeck)
- Wilsede, heath village at the foot of the Wilseder Berg; population: ~35
Neighbouring villages and towns
Bispingen is popular with tourists as a local recreation area and nature reserve.
Places of interest
- Wilseder Berg, the highest hill on the Lüneburg Heath
- Dat ole Huus, a Low German house in Wilsede, one of the oldest open-air museums in Germany; built c. 1540, renovated 1742, moved to Wilsede 1907
- Iserhatsche, a landscape garden with hunting lodge and Montagnetto model castle
- Burial ground in Volkwardingen with Bronze Age tumuli
- Ole Kerk ("Old Church") dating to 1353, made from boulders; used for baptisms, weddings and other services as well as concerts
- Treppenspeicher in Volkwardingen, one of the oldest of this type of storage barn in the Lüneburg Heath, built in 1600 and 1702, restored in 2001
- Kart Centre, owned by racing driver Ralf Schumacher
- SnowDome Bispingen provides indoor skiing and snowboarding. It opened in autumn 2006
- Bispinger Heide holiday park, part of the Center Parcs chain
- Waldemar Grube, founder of the firm, Grube KG Forstgerätestelle, which makes forestry equipment.
- Heinrich Schulz: Chronik von Wilsede, Stuttgart, 1967
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bispingen.|