bitFlyer is a Tokyo-based cryptocurrency exchange. As of June 2018, it was Japan's largest.
On June 22, 2018 bitFlyer temporarily stopped accepting new customers after they received a business improvement order from Japan's Financial Services Agency. On July 2, 2019 bitFlyer announced that they would start accepting new accounts again.. During that period, the entire C-suite of the company was forced out by the FSA.
- "Company Summary".
- "Ex-Goldman Trader's Bitcoin Exchange to Fill Mt. Gox Void". Bloomberg. July 22, 2014.
- "Japan's Bitcoin King Poaches Wall Street Talent for Crypto Empire". Bloomberg. May 9, 2018.
- "Japan's largest crypto exchange halts new account creation". Financial Times. June 22, 2018.
- "Japan's Biggest Bitcoin Exchange Suspends New Business". The Wall Street Journal. June 22, 2018.
- "Virtual currency exchange bit flyer resumes opening new accounts from July 3". CNET Japan (in Japanese). July 2, 2019.