|Founders||Arthur Hayes, Ben Delo, and Samuel Reed|
BitMEX was founded in 2014 by Arthur Hayes, Ben Delo, and Samuel Reed, with financing from family and friends.  In 2018 Ben Delo was reported to be the United Kingdom's first billionaire who made their fortune from bitcoin and its youngest self-made billionaire.
On 19 July 2019 it was reported by Bloomberg that the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) was investigating BitMEX as to whether they broke rules by allowing Americans to trade on the platform, which isn’t registered with the agency.
- "Nouriel Roubini Ramps Up Campaign Against Crypto Exchange BitMEX". Bloomberg. Retrieved 19 July 2019.
- "Company Overview of HDR Global Trading Limited". Bloomberg. Retrieved 17 Oct 2018.
- "About BitMEX". BitMEX. Retrieved 16 Nov 2018.
- Robinson, Edward; Vaghela, Viren (31 Jan 2018). "Bored With Banking, This Former Citi Trader Went Full Crypto". Bloomberg. Retrieved 17 Oct 2018. Bitmex completed a SAFE round of investment in July 2015 then shortly after was inducted into SOSV batch 8 china accelerator program where it sold equity in exchange for labour and financing.
- Urwin, Rosamund (1 Jul 2018). "Where's Wallet? Can you spot Ben Delo, the UK's first bitcoin billionaire?". The Times. Retrieved 17 Oct 2018.
- "U.S. Regulator Probing Crypto Exchange BitMEX Over Client Trades". Bloomberg News. Retrieved 19 July 2019.
|This article about a cryptocurrency is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|