Comparison of BitTorrent tracker software
(Redirected from BitTorrent tracker software)
The following is a list of notable software for running a BitTorrent tracker.
|Tracker||Programming Language||License||Operating System Support||Description|
|MLDonkey||OCaml||GPL||Windows, OS X, Unix-like, Morph OS||Has a built-in tracker and announcement service|
|MonoTorrent||C#||MIT||Windows, Mac OS, Unix-like||Uses Mono for cross-platform support (.NET)|
|Ocelot||C++||Modified GPL||Unix-like||Created by What.CD, designed for and primarily used by private trackers.|
|Opentracker||C||Beerware||Unix-like (source code only)||Uses libowfat, performs well even on embedded hardware. Only requirement is a POSIX compliant OS. Supports only a compact peer list.|
|PeerTracker||PHP||GPL||Web application||Extremely lightweight and efficient BitTorrent tracker. Supports SQLite3, and MySQL for storage.|
|μTorrent||C++||Freeware||Windows, OS X, Linux, Android||Does not have a list of hosted torrents.|
|qBittorrent||C++||GPL||Windows, OS X, Unix-like, OS/2||Lightweight. Supports DHT, PEX, announcements via UDP. Does not have a web interface or list of hosted torrents; it is not designed for secure or large-scale application.|
|Vuze||Java||Disputed||Windows, Mac OS, Linux||Vuze (formerly Azureus) has a built in tracker.|
|XBT Tracker||C++||GPL||Windows, Linux||Uses MySQL for data storage, lightweight tracker|
- "BT-default tracker". sourceforge.net.
- erdgeist. "opentracker". erdgeist.org.
- "libowfat". fefe.de.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on May 13, 2009. Retrieved May 8, 2009.
- "qBittorrent official website". sourceforge.net.
- "XBT Tracker". sourceforge.net.
- "xbt - High-performance BitTorrent Tracker - Google Project Hosting". google.com.
- "bittorrent-tracker WebTorrent associated tracker software.".