Bitches Ain't Shit
|This article does not cite any sources. (November 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|"Bitches Ain't Shit"|
|Song by Dr. Dre featuring Jewell, Tha Dogg Pound and Snoop Doggy Dogg|
|from the album The Chronic|
|Genre||West Coast hip hop, gangsta rap, g-funk|
|Label||Death Row, Interscope|
|Songwriter(s)||Daz Dillinger, Dr. Dre, Jewell, Kurupt, Snoop Dogg, The D.O.C.|
|The Chronic track listing|
"Bitches Ain't Shit" is a song by American hip hop recording artist and record producer Dr. Dre, taken from his debut studio album The Chronic (1992). The song, produced by Dr. Dre himself, features guest appearances from fellow West Coast hip hop artists Jewell, Tha Dogg Pound and Snoop Doggy Dogg.
"Bitches Ain't Shit" is a West Coast hip hop song, including elements of gangsta rap and g-funk, much like the rest of Dr. Dre's album The Chronic. In his verse, Dr. Dre disses his former N.W.A bandmate Eazy-E (under his real name Eric Wright) and his manager Jerry Heller, reminiscing about their friendship and fallout, all while referring to them as "bitches". The song took place during the Ruthless/Death Row hip hop feud. The track was not listed on the first edition of The Chronic. The album was re-released in 2001, with the track featured on the listing.
Covers and remakes
- In 1995, the Latin dirty rap group Funkdoobiest, recorded a remake titled "Pussy Ain't Shit", which appeared on their second album Brothas Doobie.
- In 2000, Miami-based rapper Trina, recorded a remake titled "Niggaz Ain't Shit", on her debut album Da Baddest Bitch.
- In 2001, on Diplomats Volume 1, New York City-based rapper Cam'ron, recorded a track called "Bitches Ain't Shit (Remix)", featuring McGruff, Juelz Santana and Jim Jones.
- In 2004, Gsy hip hop group Lil Jon & The Eastside boyz included a song titled "Bitches Ain't Shit", with Nate Dogg, Snoop Dogg, Oobie and Suga Free, which includes similar lyrics to Dr. Dre's original, on their album Crunk Juice.
- In 2005, American singer-songwriter Ben Folds released a cover version of "Bitches Ain't Shit", which reached number 71 on the US Billboard Hot 100. Folds commonly includes the song in his live performances, one such time being on October 24, 2006, at his MySpace webcast gig. During his June 14, 2008 performance at the Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival, Folds claimed he was retiring the song because people on the streets would call him, "...that 'Bitch' guy," in front of his kids. Two weeks later, however, he included the song in his set at the Glastonbury Festival. He claimed a friend had requested it to be played at her wedding. There are also a few a cappella versions of Ben Folds' cover available on YouTube. In 2010, Folds took the song out of retirement and has played it as part of the encore at a concert in Indianapolis, Indiana, and Detroit, Michigan, as well as other concerts.
- In 2010, Louisiana-based rapper Lil Boosie, recorded a remake titled "Niggas Ain't Shit", released on his mixtape, Gone Til' December.
- In 2011, Los Angeles-based rapper YG, released a song titled "Bitches Ain't Shit", featuring Tyga and Nipsey Hussle. The song, which heavily samples Dr. Dre's version, was featured on YG's mixtape Just Re Up'd and reached number 90 the US Billboard Hot 100.
- In 2013, rapper Joji Miller, under the alias Pink Guy recorded a ukelele cover.
- TVFilthyFrank (2013-07-18), BITCHES AIN'T SHIT (UKULELE COVER), retrieved 2016-10-06