Type of site
|Available in||Multilingual, primarily English|
|Website||Welcome post by Satoshi|
|Alexa rank||900 (Global, January 2018[update])|
Bitcointalk is an Internet forum dedicated to the discussion of bitcoin, blockchain technology and cryptocurrency. The forum was initially created by Satoshi Nakamoto, the pseudonymous inventor of Bitcoin on Nov 22, 2009.
Satoshi Nakamoto created the bitcointalk forum and posted the first message in 2009 under the pseudonym "satoshi".
The first bitcoin transaction took place at the forum, when software programmer Laszlo Hanyecz offered 10,000 bitcoins to purchase pizza, three days later a deal could be arranged to purchase two pizzas.
Initial coin offerings are sometimes announced at the forum.
A 2016 study by researchers from the University of New Mexico, and University of Tulsa, Oklahoma identified 1780 scams, based on forum reports. There is a demand for more privileges for older user accounts. Traded accounts were reportedly used to scam people.
- "bitcointalk.org Traffic Statistics". Alexa Internet. Retrieved January 29, 2018.
- "8 surprising places where you can pay with bitcoin". Business Insider. December 12, 2017.
- "If You Bought $5 of Bitcoin 7 Years Ago, You'd Be $4.4 Million Richer". Fortune. May 22, 2017.
- "Will This Battle For The Soul Of Bitcoin Destroy It?". Forbes. October 23, 2017.
- "The Only Good Bitcoin Advice Is Four Years Old Today". Motherboard Vice. October 18, 2017.
- "A new bitcoin Ponzi scheme or scam pops up almost every day". New Scientist. January 4, 2018.
|This website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a cryptocurrency is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|