|Type||Package management system|
|License||Apache License 2.0|
Bitnami is a library of installers or software packages for web applications and development stacks as well as virtual appliances. Bitnami is sponsored by Bitrock, a company founded in 2003 in Seville, Spain by Daniel Lopez Ridruejo. Bitnami stacks are used for installing software on Linux, Windows, Mac OS X and Solaris.
Bitnami stacks are available for popular web applications such as WordPress, Drupal, Joomla!, MediaWiki and eXo Platform. In addition to the application itself, the stacks include the other software required to run that application. For example, a WordPress stack will include WordPress, as well as the MySQL database to manage data, Apache Web server to serve the pages, and phpMyAdmin to administer MySQL. Bitnami installers are released under the Apache License 2.0.
Since July 2009 Bitnami also offers ready-to-run virtual machines.
The distinct difference between installation of Bitnami installers and native installs (e.g. rpms and debs on Linux) are that they are installed in a way as to prevent interference with existing software and libraries. If multiple applications are installed on the same web server considerations for resolving conflicts on specific ports must be made.
On February 13, 2009, Bitnami announced the release of the Enano CMS web stack, which is unique in that according to Bitnami and to the Enano CMS Project, the stack module was the first to be externally developed.
- Apache Roller
- CMS Made Simple
- Coppermine Photo Gallery
- eXo Platform
- eZ Publish
- Ghost (Blogging Platform) 
- Mantis Bug Tracker
- OpenERP (Now called Odoo)
- About Bitrock Bitrock Inc. Retrieved on 2009-04-15.
- "Easy Install on Solaris Made by BitNami.org" PC District. Retrieved on 2009-04-15.
- "Bitnami on RightScaleTM beginner's guide"
- "Enano Bitnami CMS Stack Released" Enano CMS.
- "Bitnami Cloud Hosting on AWS blog"
-  Ghost - Now Available in BitNami
- Sharma, Mayank (2008-01-23). "BitNami serves ready-to-roll CMS stacks". Linux.com. Retrieved 2008-07-12.
- Conroy, John (2007-10-25). "BitNami serves ready-to-roll CMS stacks". CMSWire. Retrieved 2008-07-12.
- Jacob (2007-09-27). "Get it done with BitNami Stacks". FOSSwire. Retrieved 2008-07-12.
- Yegulalp,Serdar (2008-03-24). "Bite-Sized Server Apps With BitNami". Information Week. Retrieved 2008-07-12.