||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Bitser 1.4.0 Running on Windows 7
|Initial release||January 16, 2009|
1.4.0 / August 22, 2015
|Operating system||Windows XP and later|
|Platform||IA-32 and x64|
|Available in||12 languages|
Bitser is a freeware file archiver and backup software application for Microsoft Windows. It can combine multiple files and folders into a single archive file to serve as a backup copy of the original data. It uses data compression to reduce the overall size of files and can provide password protection using encryption. It also has a password manager and a MD5/SHA-1 checksum calculator to verify file identity. It uses 7-zip open source software to perform all of its underlying archiving functions except for version 5 of the RAR file format.
- Extracts archives: ZIP,ZIPX,7Z,RAR,RAR5,ISO,MSI,VHD,GZIP,BZIP2,TAR,LZMA,LZMA2,NTFS,FAT,MBR, SquashFS,CramFS,APM,MSLZ,CAB,CHM,CPIO,DEB,LZH,NSIS,RPM,UDF,WIM,XAR,XZ,Z
- Creates archives: ZIP, 7-ZIP, EXE (supports self extracting and split archives)
- AES-256 bit encryption for secure backup.
- Scans files for viruses & malware using over 50 anti-virus scanners simultaneously via VirusTotal's online scanner
- Supports multithreading on multiprocessor or multi-core systems
- Drag and drop support for adding and updating archives from the built in file explorer.
- Context menu access to archives from windows explorer
- Create or extract multiple zip files simultaneously from windows explorer.
- Convert archives between formats (full or partial conversion from any format to zip,7-zip or exe).
- Reports showing history of archived files, parameters used and comparisons of compression ratios, speeds, and sizes.
- Explorer style views of archives with source and destination folders accessible from a single window.
- MD5, SHA-1 and SHA-256 checksum calculator for windows file verification.
- Password Manager to store multiple passwords in a single AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) encrypted file.
- Find and delete empty folders and sub-folders from windows explorer context menu.
- Calculate folder sizes of multiple selected folders from windows explore context menu.
- Interface can be translated into any language.
- Comparison of file archivers
- Comparison of archive formats
- List of archive formats
- Comparison of password managers
- List of password managers
- Password manager
- File Compression Programs Bitser
- A free tool for archiving and simple backups
- Bitser is an explorer styled archiving tool
- Bitser Review