The signature bitter taste is produced by a combination of the quinine and the lemon pith used in manufacturing the drink. The principal difference between tonic water and bitter lemon is the addition of lemon juice and rind. Bitter lemon is drunk both by itself and as a mixer, and is sold across the world.
- Created by the Boschini sisters
- Canada Dry
- Grand Prix (Dominion Stores, discontinued circa 1975)
- Thomas Henry
- Schweppes (Known as Dry Lemon)
- Polar Beverages
- "New Schweppes Bitter Lemon - top-selling mixer from England to Australia - makes its debut in Montreal". The Montreal Gazette. 17 June 1963. Retrieved 19 September 2011.
- "Original Bitter Lemon". Schweppes.de. Retrieved 19 September 2011.
- "History of our Brands - Beverages". Cadbury. Retrieved 15 August 2011.
- Polar Beverages (ed.). "Products - Mixers - Bitter Lemon".
|This soft drink–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|