|Elevation||2,690 ft (820 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||588618|
Bittinger is an unincorporated community in northeastern Garrett County, Maryland, United States, on the western edge of the Savage River State Forest. It lies along Maryland Route 495 northeast of the city of Oakland, the county seat of Garrett County. Its elevation is 2,690 feet (820 m). Although Bittinger is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 21522. The post office was established in 1885.
The climate in this area has mild differences between highs and lows, and there is adequate rainfall year-round. According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Bittinger has a marine west coast climate, abbreviated "Cfb" on climate maps.
- Rand McNally. The Road Atlas '08. Chicago: Rand McNally, 2008, p. 46.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Bittinger, Maryland
- Zip Code Lookup Archived June 15, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Bittinger Post Office
- Climate Summary for Bittinger, Maryland
|This article about a location in Garrett County Maryland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|