Bitwig Studio 3.2 Arranger Window with devices below
|Initial release||26 March 2014|
3.3 / 26 November 2020
|Written in||C++, Java|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Type||Digital Audio Workstation|
Bitwig Studio is a proprietary digital audio workstation developed by Bitwig GmbH. Bitwig is available for Linux, macOS, and Windows. In contrast to other music sequencing software, Bitwig is designed to be an instrument for live performances as well as a tool for composing, recording, arranging, mixing, and mastering. It offers a suite of controls for beatmatching, crossfading, and other effects used by turntablists. Bitwig supports both traditional linear music arrangement and non-linear (clip-based) production. It has multi-monitor and touch screen support. Bitwig is notable for its strong modulation, and automation capabilities. The current stable version of Bitwig is "Bitwig Studio 3.3". The latest major release, Bitwig Studio 3.0, was released on 10 July 2019. In 2017, Bitwig Studio was named DAW of the year by Computer Music (magazine).
Bitwig was founded and developed in Berlin by Claes Johanson, Pablo Sara, Nicholas Allen and Volker Schumacher in 2009. Since 2010, Placidus Schelbert has been the CEO after he left his position as an International Sales Manager at Ableton, in the same year.
|Audio Effects||MIDI Effects|
- "Sascha Gehlich". www.facebook.com.
- Rothwell, Nick. "Bitwig Studio 2". www.soundonsound.com.
- Staff. "Bitwig Studio review". MusicRadar.
- "Bitwig | News | Daw of the Year". www.bitwig.com.
- "DAW of the Year - Winner - Bitwig Studio 2". Computer Music. No. 251. United Kingdom: Future Publishing. January 2018. p. 65.
- "BITWIG – About us". 7 August 2011. Archived from the original on 7 August 2011.
- "Bitwig Devices".