Bivin of Gorze
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Bivin of Gorze (810/830–863) was a Frank founder of the Bivinids family. He was married to a daughter of Boso the Elder, who may have been called Richildis. During his life he functioned as lay abbot of the Gorze Abbey. His offspring includes:
- Richildis, who married King Charles the Bald;
- Richard the Justiciar, Duke of Burgundy;
- Boso, King of Provence;
- possibly Bivin, Count of Metz.
- Pierre Riche, The Carolingians: The Family who Forged Europe, transl. Michael Idomir Allen, (University of Pennsylvania Press, 1983), 198.
- Pierre Riché, The Carolingians, a family who forged Europe.