|Headquarters||Canton, Georgia, USA|
|Sean Belnick, Owner; Gary Glazer, Owner|
|Products||Office Chairs, Stack Chairs, Folding Chairs, Church Chairs, Office Furniture, Restaurant Furniture, Church Furniture, Home Furniture|
BizChair.com is an internet retailer of office chairs, office furniture, restaurant furniture, church furniture, school furniture, home furniture, and medical furniture. It was one of the first online-only office furniture retailers. BizChair.com is operated by Belnick, Inc. Their corporate headquarters is located in Canton, Georgia.
BizChair.com was created in 2001 by its then fourteen-year-old founder Sean Belnick. With a $500 investment and the advice of his stepfather Gary Glazer, a veteran of the office furniture business, Sean began running BizChair.com out of his bedroom.
In 2004, Belnick Inc. moved into its first commercial warehouse space, a 40,000-square-foot (3,700 m2) facility in Kennesaw, Georgia. Within two years, BizChair's warehouse expanded to a 100,000-square-foot (9,300 m2) space.
In July 2007, BizChair.com relocated and expanded to a 327,000-square-foot (30,400 m2) facility in Canton, Georgia. The award-winning facility was designed by Atlanta architects Scogin Elam and Bray and once housed the Cherokee Operations branch of office chair manufacturer Herman Miller.
In January, 2009, Belnick opened a new division of the corporation with the start of the "Microsites." Microsites feature all of the items in the Canton, GA warehouse as well as many vendor items; however, this division focuses on direct customer service with a staff of customer service reps and sales people who daily deal with customers via phone calls and emails. Several new Microsites have been opened over the past 2-1/2 years specializing in church furniture, school furniture, restaurant furniture, banquet halls, and much more. These divisions continue to grow and offer customers an alternative to high cost items for their organizations.
In May, 2009, Sean Belnick graduated from Emory University’s Goizueta Business School and took on a full-time role as BizChair.com’s CEO.
In 2010, BizChair.com was Awarded Orion Energy’s Systems’ Environmental Stewardship Award for the company’s reduction in energy consumption using Orion’s lighting platform. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, Belnick will decrease carbon dioxide emissions by 757.4 tons/year over the life of Orion’s fixtures as a result of the kilowatt-hour reduction. During that same period, Belnick will reduce 3.0 tons/year of sulfur dioxide and 1.1 tons/year of nitrogen oxides.
- Ranked No. 37 in the Inc Magazine list of Top 100 Retail Companies
- Ranked No. 48 in the Top 100 Businesses in Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Marietta, GA area - Inc. Magazine
- Ranked No. 272 of the Internet Retailer Magazine's Top 500
- Ranked No. 32 on Internet Retailer's list of Fastest Growing E-Retailers
- Ranked No. 438 on the Inc. 500 list of Fastest Growing, Privately Held Companies
- BizChair.com Company Profile - Inc. Magazine
- Profile of Sean Belnick - Inc. Magazine's 30 Under 30
- Young & Rich: Sean Belnick, Owner of BizChair.com - CNN
- Breaking Business Models - Entrepreneur Magazine
- By the Numbers - US News and World Report
- A Seat At The Table - Atlanta Business Chronicle
- - Marietta Native Helms $24M Office Furniture Company - Marietta Daily Journal
- "BizChair.com Company Profile". Inc.com. 1970-01-01. Retrieved 2011-11-12.
- Holland, Joel (2009-02-16). "Breaking Business Models - Entrepreneur Magazine". Entrepreneur.com. Retrieved 2011-11-12.
- "PR Newsire". Sys-con.com. 2007-05-21. Retrieved 2011-11-12.
- Atlanta Business Chronicle (2002-12-09). "AIA Georgia announces awards of excellence - Atlanta Business Chronicle". Atlanta.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2011-11-12.
- "Herman Miller Cherokee Operations - Architectural Record". Archrecord.construction.com. 2011-10-05. Retrieved 2011-11-12.
- "On A Millionaire List… By Age 25". Goizueta Newsroom.