||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Bizarro League, also known as the Bizarro Justice League, are the Bizarro version of the Justice League.
Fictional team history
Bizarro stole Lex Luthor's imperfect Duplicator Ray to create a world of Bizarros. Some of these insane clones formed a Bizarro-version of the Justice League. This team enforced their twisted version of justice.
When the Joker got 99% of Mister Mxyzptlk's power as part of the Emperor Joker storyline, he recreated the Bizarro League and the Bizarro World. When the imp got his powers back, he kept the new "Bizarro World."
Bizarro gained "Bizarro Vision" (allowing him to make imperfect clones) under a blue sun. Bizarro planned to destroy the Bizarro World to be the reverse of Superman (because Superman would never destroy a planet). So the Bizarro-Lex Luthor led a revolt unleashed the juggernaut Bizarro-Doomsday. The BL stopped the juggernaut by dropping a steel drum on him. However Bizarro ended up destroying the planet.
- Bizarro - He is Superman's clone and the team leader.
- Batzarro - He is the world's worst detective and Batman's counterpart
- Bizarro-Green Lantern - He is the Bizarro-Hal Jordan and a cowardly Sinestro Corps member.
- Bizarro-Hawkgirl - She can fly like her counterpart, but her wings seem to be part of her.
- Bizarro-Aquaman - He cannot swim.
- Bizarro-Green Arrow - He sets up his arrows backwards.
- Bizarra - She has reverse powers of her counterpart Wonder Woman. She was formerly called the Bizarro-Wonder Woman.
- Bizarro-Flash - He was made out of the "speed force" making him super fast and intangible.
DC Super Friends: In issue 18, there was a Bizarro team called the "Bizarro Super Friends" based on the Bizarro League. Members were Bizarra, Bizarro, Bizarro-Flash, Batzarro, Bizarro Green Lantern (this version was the reverse of John Sewart), and Bizarro Aquaman. All of them, except Bizarro Green Lantern (the reverse of John Stewart), were based on the Silver Age versions of the characters. They're based in a mobile home in space.
In other media
- In The Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians episode "The Bizarro Super Powers Team", Bizarro creates an unofficial Bizarro team that is homage to the Bizarro League by making Bizarro look-a-likes of Wonder Woman, Flash, and Cyborg.
- The Bizarro League appears in Lego DC Comics Super Heroes: Justice League vs. Bizarro League. Bizarro is brought to Bizarro World by Superman to keep him from causing trouble. When Darkseid invades the planet, Bizarro steals a duplicating ray from Lex Luthor and fires it at Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (Guy Gardner), and Cyborg, creating Batzarro, Bizarra, Greenzarro, and Cyzarro. Its properties were also shown to adversely affect Wonder Woman (who becomes powerless and constantly tripping up), Guy Garnder's power ring (limiting him to only make chickens), and Cyborg (who's falling apart).
- The Bizarro League appears in Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham. In the "Bizarro League" DLC, the Bizarro League had to protect Bizarro World from Darkseid's forces.
- Superman #379
- Superman Vol. 2 #160
- Action Comics #856
- "Aquamanshrine.com". aquamanshrine.com. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- "Bizarro-Flash". hyperborea.org. Retrieved 18 January 2014.