Jump to navigation Jump to search
Location of Bizen in Okayama Prefecture
|• Total||258.23 km2 (99.70 sq mi)|
|Population (March 31, 2017)|
|• Density||140/km2 (360/sq mi)|
|Time zone||Japan Standard Time (UTC+9)|
The city was founded on April 1, 1971.
It is home to literary critic Hakuchō Masamune's birthplace, which is now a museum.
Notable people from Bizen
- Masamune Atsuo, researcher of Japanese literature and a poet
- Hakuchō Masamune, critic, novelist, and dramatist
- Risa Shigetomo, long-distance runner
- Kaneshige Toyo, potter
- 備前市の紹介. Bizen official website (in Japanese). Bizen City. Retrieved 14 April 2017.
- Media related to Bizen, Okayama at Wikimedia Commons
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Bizen.|
|This Okayama Prefecture location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|