Bizerte-Sidi Ahmed Air Base
|Bizerte-Sidi Ahmed Air Base
|Part of Tunisian Air Force|
|Controlled by||Tunisian Air Force|
Units stationed at the base are:
- No. 11 Squadron
- Jet trainer squadron, Aermacchi MB-326
- No. 15 Squadron
- Fighter squadron, Northrop F-5 Tiger/TigerII .
World War II
During World War II it was used by the United States Army Air Force Twelfth Air Force during the North African Campaign. It was known as Bizerte Airfield. It was a heavy bomber airfield used by B-17 Flying Fortress strategic bombers of the 2d Bombardment Group, between 2 and 9 December 1943.
- Maurer, Maurer. Air Force Combat Units of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History, 1983. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.
- Maurer, Maurer, ed. (1982) . Combat Squadrons of the Air Force, World War II (PDF) (reprint ed.). Washington, DC: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-405-12194-6. LCCN 70605402. OCLC 72556.
- Tunisian Air Force order of battle