Bizerte-Sidi Ahmed Air Base
|Bizerte-Sidi Ahmed Air Base|
|Part of Tunisian Air Force|
|Controlled by||Tunisian Air Force|
Units stationed at the base are:
- No. 11 Squadron
- Jet trainer squadron, Aermacchi MB-326
- No. 15 Squadron
- Fighter squadron, Northrop F-5 Tiger/TigerII
World War II
During World War II it was used by the United States Army Air Forces Twelfth Air Force during the North African Campaign. It was known as Bizerte Airfield. Several Allied units used the base in 1943. It was a heavy bomber airfield used by B-17 Flying Fortress strategic bombers of the 2d Bombardment Group, between 2 and 9 December 1943. There was a major air depot co-located at Sidi Ahmen.
- Maurer, Maurer. Air Force Combat Units of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History, 1983. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.
- Maurer, Maurer, ed. (1982) . Combat Squadrons of the Air Force, World War II (PDF) (reprint ed.). Washington, DC: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-405-12194-6. LCCN 70605402. OCLC 72556.
- Tunisian Air Force order of battle